Indications and Usage
BEPREVE® (bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solution) 1.5% is a histamine H1 receptor antagonist indicated for the treatment of itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis.
Important Safety Information
- BEPREVE is contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity reactions to bepotastine or any of the other ingredients.
- To minimize contaminating the dropper tip and solution, advise the patient not to touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the bottle and to keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- BEPREVE should not be used to treat contact lens-related irritation.
- Patient should remove contact lenses prior to instillation of BEPREVE, because benzalkonium chloride may be absorbed by soft contact lenses. Lenses may be reinserted 10 minutes after BEPREVE administration.
- The most common adverse reaction occurring in approximately 25% of patients was a mild taste following instillation. Other adverse reactions occurring in 2%-5% of patients were eye irritation, headache, and nasopharyngitis.
You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Click here for Prescribing Information for BEPREVE.